Click column header to sort
PURPOSE: The Essentia Project Engineer plans, organizes and leads projects to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing production processes by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Directs appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff.
- Develops, determines and implements Essentia Engineering policies, procedures and programs.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Lead Engineering projects by putting together timeline, getting quotes, and overseeing project until completion.
- Approves and submits proposals management for consideration.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of current status of each project.
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality group, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Directs preparation of accounting records for Engineering budgets and project expenditures.
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Negotiates contracts with outside engineering firms and contractors to perform research or other applicable studies or support.
- Provide oversight to outside engineering firms and consultants as necessary to ensure accurate and proper engineering designs.
- Directly manage and implement key projects from design to development, as well as providing onsite presence in the field during those projects.
- Drive continuous improvement to overall quality, efficiency, processes and cost reduction initiatives by collaborating with Essentia facilities.
- Provide regular updates to Essentia team regarding the status of projects.
- Promote inter-plant collaboration by providing engineering support on an as-needed basis, developing and distributing a monthly project status report, and following up with facility team leaders on cost reduction/process improvement ideas.
- Analyze product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine design, which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Analyze engineering proposals, process requirements, and related technical data pertaining to industrial machinery and equipment design.
- Determines feasibility of designing new processes or modifying existing processes considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Promote safety and a safe working environment in all areas of operation.
PURPOSE: This Payroll & Workday Manager will be responsible for providing advanced technical and administrative support and serve as the main point of contact for all Workday related questions. Oversee the Payroll function for the organization, co-managing one employee.
Human Resources/Workday duties:
- Support for the expansion and optimization of Workday HCM, Payroll, Time Tracking, Recruiting, Talent/Performance, and Learning for the organization.
- Collaborate with Human Resources team to configure, maintain, and support the Workday system.
- Support data mapping for system integrations.
- Gather and analyze requirements and provide technical advice and best practices with respect to integration development and implementation.
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors and configure and test integrations between Workday and 3rd party solutions.
- Assist with change management and training initiatives related to Workday
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop and deliver sophisticated reporting, dashboards, and analysis.
- Configuration of business processes and custom notifications.
- Develop and maintain security administration.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Manage bi-annual Workday Releases.
- Oversee processing and distribution of accurate paychecks/vouchers on a bi-weekly basis to all US locations; co-manage one employee who will process bi-weekly payroll.
- Develop and distribute payroll reporting to fulfill business function needs.
- Manage the payroll general ledger interface, prepare the monthly payroll general ledger report.
- Record monthly payroll journal entries, research discrepancies or abnormalities and communicate findings to finance.
- Prepare & review for accuracy all audit PBC’s related to payroll.
- Prepare & review for accuracy all tax PBC’s related to payroll.
- Prepare, review for accuracy, and distribute to managers all budget information related to payroll.
- Review for accuracy & pay annual bonuses for 400+ employees.
- Review for accuracy quarterly phantom stock reports.
- Review for accuracy and distribute/report any phantom stock cash or share dividends.
- Consolidate, review for accuracy, and load annual merit increases into Workday via EIB.
- Calculate, record, and review for accuracy the monthly health insurance allocation journal entries in MAPICS.
- Reconcile the payroll portion of the monthly bank reconciliation process and communicate findings to the accountant performing the overall bank reconciliation.
- Analyze various payroll related balance sheet & income statement accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy.
- Generate, review for accuracy, and distribute annual merit & bonus recommendation reports to all managers.
- Utilize Workday, Microsoft Excel, macros, msqueries, vlookups, filters, advanced formulas, and pivot tables on a daily basis to generate timely and accurate information for all areas of the organization when needed.
- Be fully functioning backup for processing of payroll in Workday.
- Create and maintain backup procedures documentation.
- Work closely with upper management to develop and implement sales and marketing plans and strategies including pricing, margin generation and negotiation of contracts.
- Visit customers on a regular basis (about 50% field time) to provide sales service and technical product consulting on applications, discover and evaluate new application opportunity and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Grow sales by identifying potential new customers, understanding their business, and communicating our product value.
- Participate in relevant trade shows for the promotion of Essentia products and technology.
- Manage an in-home office including correspondence and telemarketing activities and maintain consistent and effective communications with all relevant corporate groups and manufacturing sites.
- Provide business intelligence and insight into the competitive landscape.
- Work daily in the CRM system creating customer communications, updating customer activities, managing sales opportunities, etc.
- Complete all necessary sales documents (ie: call reports, expense reports, budgeting, forecasting, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate and support Essentia cross-functional teams requesting your services/participation.
- All other duties assigned by the Vice President of Sales – North America.
Customer Service Duties:
- Manage product-related problems with customers such as quantity/quality of product, delivery of product and associated billing problems.
- Act as a resource for customers by providing related information as well as educating customers about the various applications of Essentia products.
- Provide product related technical information and consultation to customers.
Professional Development/Continuing Education Duties:
- Attend conferences and seminars to learn about current developments in research and the potential impact on Essentia products.
- Regularly review industry updates/trends and emerging marketplace opportunities.
- Develop skills through training and seminars to enhance the negotiation and selling process of Essentia products.
The Vice President of Finance leads the finance effort and provides strategic leadership for EPS by working as a key member of the company’s executive leadership team to establish strategies and plans for the organization. This individual will be an integral part of the North American and International leadership teams and work closely with all functions across the organization including operations, sales, marketing and R&D to develop a keen understanding the drivers of financial performance as well as to develop plans and strategies around various business opportunities. Drive development of reporting/financial models/analysis tools for use in identifying key issues and to advise the business in making sound decisions.
- Business Unit “CFO”. Provide financial leadership and strategic input on all issues affecting the organization, including acquisitions, capital investments, product and procurement pricing strategies, risk management, etc. Develop a thorough understanding of the organization, markets and business drivers and actively participate in the development of EPS’s strategic plans and operational tactics as a key member of the EPS executive leadership team. Use sound and informed judgment to help drive improvements in the business model. Lead a small team of dedicated finance professionals in support of objectives.
- Management Reporting. Support entity by designing, preparing, interpreting and proactively communicating financial performance information and analysis to foster a better understanding of the business model to drive improvement in the economics of the company. Prepare and continuously enhance meaningful reporting/analysis of business on an ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Present financial reviews to senior management of EPS and LGI. Develop robust demand and supply chain reporting tools focused on the key drivers of throughput.
- Planning/Forecasting. Lead all areas of the operation in building and maintaining an effective planning environment. Leverage shared finance services to assist in preparing annual plan and periodic forecasts for all domestic and international operations and communicate plan to all levels of the organization. Perform analysis to better understand impact of key drivers of performance (e.g., capacity constraints, operating cost structure, etc.) and of a wide variety of strategic options. Building a robust supply/demand forecasting toolset will be critical to success.
- Analytics. Perform, and at times guide shared service resources in performing, financial analysis to assist in making sound decisions for numerous strategic initiatives (e.g., pricing strategies, capital investments, process improvements). Develop expanded and/or improved methods to analyze the performance of the business model. Establish model validation and back testing protocol.
- LGI Finance Leadership Team Member. Key member of the LGI finance leadership team. Work with shared services finance to drive improvement in ability of the shared and dedicated finance teams to serve the business. Work closely with shared finance resources to complete key accounting, treasury and tax functions, including cost accounting, fixed assets, A/R and A/P, financial/legal entity reporting, tax, etc.
- Lead and Develop EPS Global Finance team. Provide leadership and coaching to members of EPS finance team to ensure team member growth and development. Assess organizational needs to formulate and implement development plans, outlining specific performance measures and targets.
- Other Duties:
- Participate in supplier, vendor, and customer meetings as necessary as well as advise and contribute in contract development and negotiations.
- Responsible for identifying and/or performing steps necessary to obtain economic grants or incentives.
- Work with key team members to track progress of significant capital investment projects.
- Lead, direct or participate in other projects/committees/teams as needed.