LGI Shared Services is looking for a VP of Global Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs to join their team in Ankeny, Iowa at the corporate location. This position is to provide leadership, direction and oversite for Regulatory Affairs and QA/QC departments insuring compliance with appropriate government regulations, to enhance strategic global sales opportunities and mitigate business risks.
This position is responsible for identifying and maintaining compliance with appropriate government regulations insuring continuing plant operations globally.
- Developing effective working relationships with key government regulatory agencies, for example USDA, FDA, APHIS, CFIA, SAGARPA, MAPA, DG SANCO, AQSIQ, etc.
- Maintain awareness of new regulations and develop plan to insure compliance with the regulations, for example FSMA.
- Develop and insure the execution of plans to secure Health Certificates optimizing the ability to manage global inventory and to service global markets.
- Develop effective working relationships with industry and government officials as appropriate to influence regulations, as appropriate.
This position is responsible for the development and leadership of strategies to mitigate risk to the business associated with Foreign Animal Disease, for example BSE, PEDV, etc.
- Work with appropriate government and industry leaders to develop policy related to the use and international trade of APC and LGI products.
- Develop and execute a plan to educate appropriate government and industry leaders on policy related issues.
- Oversee all LGI division interactions with government officials regarding regulatory and import/exports to harmonize as many regulations as possible and to maximize trade options.
- Assist Sales and Marketing with the forecasting and sales strategy processes based on the regulatory landscape and potential to access new markets.
- Work with R&D on new processes as needed to maintain regulatory compliance and open new market potential.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control:
This position is responsible for leading the QA/QC department supporting APC and LGI companies.
- Provide direction and supervision of the QA/QC department.
- Insure that SOP’s and Manufacturing Standards are appropriate insuring that high quality, safe products are produced.
- Work with operations to ensure product specifications meet regulatory requirements.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of new technologies that will improve quality and optimize QA/QC efforts.
- Review annual QA/QC budgets looking for ways to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Insure training and development of QA/QC personnel at all levels within APC and LGI companies.
- Develop effective working relationships with Joint Venture QA/QC personnel insuring open and effective communication with the goal of insuring that APC branded product is consistent throughout the global production system.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company quality standards and processes.
- Identify and advise necessary steps to mitigate regulatory risks associated with vendors, suppliers, and other key constituencies.
This position is expected to participate in the APC Executive Team (and other LGI Companies as appropriate) contributing to the development and evaluation of business strategies.
- Participation in regular Executive Team meetings.
- Participate in the development and review of APC annual budget.
- Regularly review business performance to evaluate the effectiveness of strategies and to suggest appropriate changes.