Essentia Protein Solutions has a position open for a Sales Manager. This position will be responsible for providing field service to existing customers and developing new sales opportunities for Essentia’s technical grade products into the feed and fertilizer industries. The products produced for these industries are technical grade/feed grade animal fats and steamed bone meal. The person will be required to be located within the Midwest for ease of travel.
- Work closely with upper management to develop and implement sales and marketing plans and strategies including pricing, margin generation and negotiation of contracts.
- Visit customers on a regular basis (about 50% field time) to provide sales service and technical product consulting on applications, discover and evaluate new application opportunity and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Grow sales by identifying potential new customers, understanding their business, and communicating our product value.
- Participate in relevant trade shows for the promotion of Essentia products and technology.
- Manage an in-home office including correspondence and telemarketing activities and maintain consistent and effective communications with all relevant corporate groups and manufacturing sites.
- Provide business intelligence and insight into the competitive landscape.
- Work daily in the CRM system creating customer communications, updating customer activities, managing sales opportunities, etc.
- Complete all necessary sales documents (ie: call reports, expense reports, budgeting, forecasting, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate and support Essentia cross-functional teams requesting your services/participation.
- All other duties assigned by the Vice President of Sales – North America.
Customer Service Duties:
- Manage product-related problems with customers such as quantity/quality of product, delivery of product and associated billing problems.
- Act as a resource for customers by providing related information as well as educating customers about the various applications of Essentia products.
- Provide product related technical information and consultation to customers.
Professional Development/Continuing Education Duties:
- Attend conferences and seminars to learn about current developments in research and the potential impact on Essentia products.
- Regularly review industry updates/trends and emerging marketplace opportunities.
- Develop skills through training and seminars to enhance the negotiation and selling process of Essentia products.