Proliant Biologicals, Inc. (PBI) is the world's largest and most experienced manufacturer of animal-derived proteins, producing animal extracts and a variety of grades of "Fraction V" Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA). We are the industry's leading manufacture of BSA and purified animal proteins providing the highest level of consistency, traceability & quality in the market today. We are currently seeking a Production Operator to join our team in Boone, IA to work the weekend night shift.
Proliant Biologicals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online at http://www.proliantinc.com/careers/
PURPOSE: The purpose of this job is to assist in the efficient fractionation of bovine plasma into high purity scientific products for the diagnostic, pharmaceutical and research markets in compliance with FDA, USDA, and OSHA regulations.
Operate computer-controlled equipment and numerical control devices.
Assist in the control and monitor centrifuge, filtration system, liquid handling devices, environmental/temperature control systems.
Follow GMP Standard Operating Procedures for production of product and maintenance of a controlled, aseptic manufacturing environment.
Assist in the performance of laboratory testing necessary during bioprocessing. This will include:
Accurately perform record keeping tasks and perform math and chemistry calculations according to established procedures.
Support Lead Operators and Supervisors in performance of their duties and improvement of bioprocessing operations.
Fill - Weigh – Sift, package, tie seal and/or palletize containers for customer orders.
Sample and submit product for final analysis by QA using established sanitary methods and procedures.
Operate company vehicle and forklift as required.
• High-school-level knowledge of biology and biochemistry; familiarity/training in bioprocessing.
• Ability to handle materials in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ability to learn and work under Bulk Pharmaceutical Chemical Good Manufacturing Practices with established procedures and detailed documentation requirements.
• Ability to learn and safely operate various types of scientific and computerized equipment/machinery required in job duties.
• Ability to interpret and work from oral and written instructions.
• Ability to occasionally operate forklift and/or pallet jacks and to drive a vehicle and maintain valid driver’s license.
• High-school level math and chemistry skills.
• Ability to move freely throughout the bioprocessing area.
• Ability to legibly document data for record-keeping purposes.
• Ability to communicate effectively with Proliant Biologicals personnel.
• Ability to remain calm and professional.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions related to liquid fractionation, separation, concentration, filtration, centrifugation and other related duties.
• Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
• Ability to operate all necessary plant and office equipment required to accomplish job duties, such as computers, office telephones including voice mail features, fax machines, etc.
• Ability to work daily, weekends and extended hours as necessary.
• Ability to assist other work related areas, as required.
• Ability to learn and operate windows environment software, such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and MAPICS systems.
High School Diploma or GED required. 2 or 4 year degree in chemistry or other science preferred.
Experience in biological production or manufacturing preferred.