Proliant Biologicals, Inc. and Entera Health are two of seven independently operated, privately held companies within The Lauridsen Group, Inc. (LGI). Proliant Biologicals, Inc. is the world's largest and most experienced manufacturer of animal-derived proteins, producing animal extracts and a variety of grades of "Fraction V" Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA). Entera Health is dedicated to discovering and producing products to enhance health and nutrition. Together, these companies are seeking a Director of Finance to join their team in Ankeny, IA.
Proliant Biologicals Inc. and Entera Health are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Apply online at http://lauridsengroupinc.com/
PURPOSE: The Director of Finance leads the finance effort and provides strategic leadership for Proliant Biologicals, Inc. (PBI) and Entera Health by working as a key member of the leadership team to establish strategies and plans for the organization. This individual will work closely with all functions of the organization including operations, sales, research and marketing to develop a keen understanding the drivers of financial performance as well as to develop plans and strategies around various business opportunities. Drive development of reporting/models/financial analysis tools for use in identifying key issues and to advise the business in making sound decisions.
• Business Unit “CFO”. Provide financial leadership and strategic input on all issues affecting the organization. Develop a thorough understanding of the organization, markets and business drivers and actively participate in the development of PBI and Entera Health’s operational and strategic plans and programs as a key member of the leadership team. Use sound and informed judgment to help drive improvements in the business model.
• Management Reporting. Support entity by designing, preparing, interpreting and proactively communicating financial performance information and analysis to foster a better understanding of the business model to drive improvement in the economics of the company. Prepare and continuously enhance meaningful reporting/analysis of business on an ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Develop robust demand and supply chain reporting tools focused on the key drivers of throughput. Present financial reviews to senior management of PBI, Entera Health and The Lauridsen Group, Inc. (LGI).
• Planning/Forecasting. Lead all areas of the operation in building and maintaining an effective planning environment. Leverage shared finance services to assist in preparing annual plan and periodic forecasts for all domestic and international operations and communicate plan to all levels of the organization. Perform analysis to better understand impact of key drivers of performance (e.g., capacity constraints, operating cost structure, etc.) and of a wide variety of strategic options (e.g., pricing strategies, capital improvements). Building a robust supply/demand forecasting toolset will be critical to success.
• Finance Leadership Team Member. Key member of the LGI finance leadership team. Work with shared services finance to drive improvement in ability of finance to serve the business. Work closely with shared finance resources to complete key accounting functions, including cost accounting, fixed assets, A/R and A/P, financial/legal entity reporting, tax, etc.
• Key Analytics. Perform, and guide shared service resources in performing, financial analysis to assist in making sound decisions for numerous strategic initiatives. Develop expanded and/or improved methods to analyze the performance of the business model.
• Other Duties:
• Participate in supplier, vendor, and customer meetings as necessary as well as advise and contribute in contract development and negotiations.
• Responsible for identifying and/or performing steps necessary to obtain economic grants or incentives.
• Leads, directs and participates in other projects/committees/teams as needed.
• Develop model validation and back testing protocol.
• Work with key team members to track progress of capital investment projects.
• A strategic mind with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
• A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective, while bringing a hands-on approach to seamlessly focus on the details.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards.
• A well organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
• Ability to analyze complex and varied data, produce meaningful information for use by senior management.
• An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work effectively in matrix reporting environment with an open and honest approach.
• General knowledge of accounting and tax standards/procedures as well as federal, state and local rules and regulations.
• Ability to periodically travel domestically and internationally.
• Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
• Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality related to all duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to remain calm and professional.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
MBA a plus.
Seven to ten years progressive experience in accounting/finance.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
Manufacturing experience preferred.