Our focus is to help animals thrive.
APC is the world's largest producer of functional proteins. From high-quality ingredients for livestock producers, feed manufacturers and pet food companies to complete animal nutrition products for end users, we offer innovative solutions that help improve the lives of animals.
APC, headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa; is seeking a Sales & Technical Services Manager to lead the Calf Products Team and develop sales opportunities for APC’s Consumer Products, establish and monitor field studies and maintain satisfaction among established APC clientele. This position will provide technical advice, guidance and support to promote the sales and application of APC Calf products, develop the technical abilities of the Calf Products Sales Team and will have direct account responsibilities.
This role will ideally be based in the Central Valley of California.
- Design and implement Sales strategies and programs to support and develop the sales of APC Calf Products.
- Develop and maintain appropriate educational and decision-making tools including PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, brochures, IPad Apps, training modules and other materials to allow stakeholders to properly value APC Calf products in the marketplace.
- Ensure existing and new products are positioned correctly and have adequate and technically correct sales support materials.
- Develop positive APC Calf product experiences with key industry influencers.
- Establish, implement and monitor field trials to enable producers to measure and determine the value of APC Calf products in their operations.
- Provide training and support to APC Calf customers, distributor partners and Regional Sales Managers.
- Develop, with R&D, protocols, initiate, coordinate and monitor field trials related to new product development and application of existing products.
- Resolve product application issues related to technical use of Calf products.
- Manage and maintain corporate APC confidential information as well as customer confidential information.
- Attend industry veterinarian and scientific meetings as needed to build customer/prospect awareness and develop/update technical and industry knowledge.
- Deliver public presentations and serve as a company representative at trade shows and other industry veterinarian and scientific meetings.
- Provide leadership and direction to APC’s Calf Products Team.
- Develop and execute strategies to increase the sale of APC Calf Consumer Products through various distributors.
- Maintain regular contact with large end-users to ensure correct product implementation.
- Seek out new product opportunities.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date customer/prospect database.
- Budget and manage expenses.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Calf industry, APC’s customers and products as well as competitors.
- Development and implementation of a Territory Sales Plan with measurable outcomes
- Maintain contact with customers and channel members regularly to answer questions related to the application of APC Consumer Calf Products to ensure continued product satisfaction and use.
- Grow sales by identifying potential new customers, understanding their business, and communicating our product value.
- Develop relationships with customers at all levels (influencers, gate keepers, decision makers, product implementers, Marketing & Purchasing).
- Understand and interpret technical product information/research data and convey it in a way that customers at varying levels can comprehend and use the information.
- Develop and present presentations that effectively position APC Calf Products per customer need.
- Participate in National and Regional Trade shows and Events to promote APC’s products as requested.
- Work with APC’s Consumer Products Management to establish effective product pricing.
- Facilitate communication among Marketing, research, quality assurance, customer service and production to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with Consumer Products Marketing to develop a Territory marketing plan incorporating tactics that complement sales strategies and increase customer awareness of our products and company.
- Collect market information regarding distributor/influencer/end-user motivations and challenges as well as competitive products in the market.
- Provide feedback and assessment of market needs, new product opportunities and the effectiveness of Marketing programs on a regular basis.
- Professional Development/Other Duties:
- Stay informed of industry trends through regular review of trade journals.
- Attend general business skills development training/education conferences and seminars.
- Other duties as directed by APC Consumer Products Team and supervisor.